Old July 22nd 20, 03:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default where does the power when using an antenna-tuner go to ?

In article , kristoff
wrote:

What does a skin-effect depth of 24.46 μm (copper, 7.1 MHz) say
concerning additional resistance to an antenna-system and how to does
this compare to other resistive elements in the antenna-system and the
overall behaviour?

As said, there is a difference between "having learned" and "understanding".

Kristoff-

I can not discuss the physics of skin effect. I learned of its
existence in passing, with the understanding that it is relatively
insignificant.

For radio systems, I think in terms of Decibels. For voice, in every
step between your mouth and the ear of the receiving station, there is a
series of stages of positive and negative amplification. You may have
100 Watts peak power coming out of the transmitter. The receiving
station might have one Watt peak audio coming out of their speaker.

By far, the greatest negative amplification (loss) is between antennas.

Fred