Old July 16th 03, 04:39 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , Jack Hamilton
writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote:

In article ,

(Larry Roll K3LT) writes:

I think I'm pretty safe in saying that it was the code testing requirement
that caused hams to learn the code -- not any innate love or appreciation
for the mode.

NO! Say it isn't so, mighty morseman!

"Morse code gets through when everything else does." - B.B.

Hasn't that been disproved?

It hasn't been disproved to me, but then again, I have a lot of experience
using BOTH Morse/CW and a variety of digital modes, so I have seen for
myself that the saying "Morse gets through when everything else fails"
is apparently true. I have had many operating sessions when PSK-31
signals became useless, while I was still able to communicate in CW.
In fact, a lot of times, I've been able to identify PSK-31 signals only when
the CW ID came on after the station stopped sending! However, anyone
with an Anti-Morse/CW agenda will not be convinced of that.

73 de Larry, K3LT