Old July 16th 03, 02:47 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message
Thanks for the tip, Carl. Geeze, Analog Devices. I should have

remembered.
It has been quite a few years since I worked in Materials Engineering and
actually had a feel for the current state of the art. Heck, I was only

off
by a factor of 10 on that clock rate! 10 percent is one thing, but by a
decade! LOL. Be grateful I didn't suggest wiring a bunch of 12AU7s
together in flip flops. Hmmm ... where'd I put that core memory anyways?
BTW, those 400 MHz devices are 10 cents per dozen, right?

IIRC, they are not $1.95, but they are not hundreds of dollars, either ...
seems to me that the range is generally from about 5 - 50 bucks, depending
on device, quantity, etc.

I will check out the site, however; again, thanks for the tip.

ur wlcm es 73,
Carl - wk3c