Old July 16th 03, 05:31 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Well, a generator with at least 20-30 gallons of gas would be a good start.
Storage of that much gas may be a different issue though. I wonder if there
are any generators for the general residential public out there that could
run on propane?? One could use one of those 500 gallon "pigs" and have that
last a loooonnnnggggg time.

A different direction could also be using, like mentioned below, car/truck
power! I have dual batteries in my pickup truck and a hi-amp alternator,
and have (2) 750+ watt DC-AC inverters mounted under the hood. As long as
the truck can idle on a full gas tank, I have quite a bit of both DC and AC
power from that vehicle.

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)