Old July 16th 03, 08:32 PM
Scott Dorsey

Jim Hampton wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Carl. Geeze, Analog Devices. I should have remembered.
It has been quite a few years since I worked in Materials Engineering and
actually had a feel for the current state of the art. Heck, I was only off
by a factor of 10 on that clock rate! 10 percent is one thing, but by a
decade! LOL. Be grateful I didn't suggest wiring a bunch of 12AU7s
together in flip flops. Hmmm ... where'd I put that core memory anyways?
BTW, those 400 MHz devices are 10 cents per dozen, right?

All of the AD synthesizers I have seen have a microprocessor interface,
where they basically memory-map into a processor. I'd rather have something
I can directly address.

I could probably pull out a 68HC11 to control the thing if I absolutely had
to, but I'd rather have something I can just latch a BCD input into.
--scott