Old July 16th 03, 08:42 PM
Andy in Fink

Some of us have ALWAYS built our own equipment. That's why
some of us became "hams" --- so we could test it out.....

Alas, most today are appliance operators. I can't, personally, see any
thrill at all in spending 2K for a rig designed and built by strangers, and
spending a month reading the manual learning how to use it...

Still, there's room in the hobby for all of us.

And, in fact, there's a whole lot of us that have more degrees and
licenses than can fit on a good sized wall.

Enjoy whatever facet of it you choose....

Andy W4OAH