Old July 17th 03, 05:23 AM
Jim Hampton

Sheesh! 1 GHz with a 10 bit binary counter. Only $350.00 each in quantities
of 1000. Someone care to loan me over 1/3 of a million? Seriously,
however, there are affordable AMD devices but they appear to be in the 50
MHz to under 200 MHz range.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Carl R. Stevenson wrote:
--scott

Modern DDS devices would require too many pins on the device for
cheap packages unless they used some sort of serial communications
or a modest pin count multiplexed bus.

I doubt that you will find anything useful with a straight binary or BCD
input because the devices need too many bits loaded into them to set
up all of the internal functions/registers.

Right. I am looking for something that might best be implemented as
an ASIC somewhere, in that it would be a special-purpose sine wave
synthesizer rather than a general purpose DDS device.
--scott

---