Old September 16th 20, 06:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
VA3QV via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin VA3QV via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [VA3QV] A simple solution

My Amateur Radio Life

A simple solution

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2020/09/...mple-solution/

The trailer serves to give Liz and myself a way to escape while staying
safe in our campsites bubble. One of our problems was figuring out how to
bring my amateur antenna feed lines and the external OTA TV feed lines into
the trailer without drilling

I came up a solution which works for us

I removed the window screen from the kitchen table window. I then brought
the screen to a local store that repairs windows, screens. I asked them if
they could make me a piece of plexiglas using the screen as a template.
They did this fairly quickly and also at a great price

Once back at the campsite I carefully drilled 4 holes into the plexiglass
and then installed bulkhead connectors into each of the holes. One
connector for the external Tv Antenna, one BNC Connector as that’s needed
for my SGC 237 auto tuner and two SO 239 connectors for my vhf/uhf ham
gear. This fits in to the window frame in place of the screen

When not needed we remove it and replace the screen