Old July 17th 03, 11:29 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

gy.com...
"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote in message

(But, as I and others have previously said, the decision should
NOT be based on a popularity contest in the community of
incumbents, but should, rather, be based on the sound judgement
of the FCC as to what's regulatorily necessary and good for the
future of ham radio.)

The FCC is not all that qualified to judge what is good for the future

of
ham radio. Many of the staff are not involved in ham radio. They are a
government body whose purpose is to regulate the various radio services

so
that they can coexist. There purpose is not to maintain ham radio or

decide
what is good for it.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

You sound like Queen Latifa; F The Cops.

That's a totally illogical non-sequitur. I believe in following all the
regulations. That's why the FCC exists: to regulate so that all the services
can coexist. I've never said that we should ignore it. However we hams
have a responsibility to actively lobby (either personally or by supporting
organizations like the ARRL) for the good of ham radio. Our voice needs to
be heard along with all the other parties interested in the radio spectrum.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE