Old July 17th 03, 11:35 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message

As stated their purpose is to ADMINISTER ham radio, not necessarily to
encourage its growth.

That is your opinion, not fact.

Please read "200 Meters and Down". It is an excellent history of the
actions taken by the government regarding radio services. Twice the
government tried to eliminate ham radio. Once was by limiting amateurs to
wavelengths of 200 meters and shorter since the "experts" believed such
frequencies were useless. The government also tried to get rid of hams by
delaying the re-opening of the bands to amateurs after World War I. If it
had not been for the hams lobbying the government, we would not have
recovered from the latter. The FCCs sole purpose is to regulate and
administer the various radio services.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE