Old July 18th 03, 05:01 AM
Dave Heil

Vshah101 wrote:

From: (Steve Robeson, K4CAP)

Calling "contesting" competition is offensive..?!?!
You have teams of Amateurs trying to beat other teams scores...

Its competetive. Things is hams don't like other kinds of competitions, such as
radio direction finding.

Yes, there are hams who enjoy radio direction finding.

Hams stay with their activities.

Yes, they do. You'll find it difficult to persuade other hams to drop
what they're doing and to do what you want to do unless it coincides
with what they enjoy doing. You seem to have a problem with the
concept.

From: "Carl R. Stevenson"

Numbers = use of our spectrum = justification for keeping what we have
(and maybe getting a bit more in the future)

Don't forget, having more activities, rather than fewer also helps. More growth
in homebrewing, tuning, direction finding, emergency communications, APRS, etc.

So start doing those things. I'm sure that "tuning" thing will catch on
rapidly.

Dave K8MN