Old July 18th 03, 04:25 PM
Mike Coslo

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:

Next time you talk about folks "putting forth effort to achieve
a goal" think about that one. Maintaining a population of Morse
users is/seems to be YOUR goal ... it's not my job, nor the FCC's.

Not my goal!

Then bitch about it to the folks who you think DO favor phone band

expansion

and leave me (and NCI) out of that one ... it's not our agenda.

So Carl, does that mean that after they drop the Morse test here in the
Us of A, that you'll be done with the group as far as NCI goes? Your
agenda is achieved here. ;^)

Not exactly ... NCI's goal is GLOBAL ... NCI's work is not over
as soon as the US drops Morse testing ... there are a LOT of other
countries.

I know that, but this is primarily a US newsgroup, with a few others
thrown in. I doubt too many people here will be interested in the
remaining countries Morse/No Morse material.

(Though it's beginning to look like the US will, because of process,
be one of the slower ones to act on the changes adopted by
WRC-03 ... the Swiss hams have already received their letters giving
them HF privs ... the UK will reportedly act before the end of the
month ... and others are lining up ...)

It will be very interesting to watch the dominoes fall ...

Congratulations.

- Mike KB3EIA -