Old July 19th 03, 12:36 AM
Brian

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote in message ...
"N2EY" wrote in message
om...
Nope. I've worked AC6XG at least twice, both times on CW. Once was on
Field Day (20 CW) and the other on the rrap net on 7037 kHz.

The rrap net on 7030 kHz???

Is that where you PCTAs send "secret messages," safe from the
prying eyes/ears of the no-coders??? :-)

Sheesh ...

Carl - wk3c

Carl, about 3 years ago the PCTA coerced Cecil to come out and play
with them on CW. Maybe he thought it would smooth over some of the
animosity they had for him. I don't know. It was reported that "A
good time was had by all," but the honeymoon lasted only a short
while, then they treated him as crappily as ever.

More recently, the PCTA have again tried to coerce their enemies to
the amateur bands using, of all things, phone. I'm not sure how that
one turned out, but I took a lot of grief for refusing to do so. I
think their peace pipe was loaded with date rape drugs.

Even more recently, RV Kelley challenged another poster to meet him on
the bands "anywhere, any time." I asked if that's how 14.313 got
started.

No good can come from meeting these guys on the air. No point in
screwing up another frequency like 3950.

73, bb