Old July 19th 03, 03:00 AM
Bill Sohl

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
(N2EY) wrote in message

The point is that the mere fact that FCC enacts a rule does not mean

it's a
good idea, or in the best interest of amateur radio. All it means is

that FCC
enacted the rule.

Was the 55 mph national speed limit a good idea, in the best interests

of the
motoring public? The "expert agency" recommended that rule, and it

stayed on
the books for decades.

Beats going to war for oil every 10 years or so.

It was a dumb rule.

Between raising the speed limit and dropping the EPA fleet mileage
requirements, I'd say we worked ourselved into a corner.

My Chevy silverado get the same gas mileage today as my
64 Chevy convertible did...about 17mpg. My truck
probably weighs 150% of what the 64 chevy did.

Frankly, "I can't drive 55." Hey, that'd be
a great song title :-)

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

"Would you like to biggie size that?"