Old July 19th 03, 04:04 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article ,
(Brian) writes:

Had Larry included "digital" with his cry to preserve CW spectrum, I
would figuratively stand with the both of you as well.

Brian:

I'm all for expanding digital allocations, but I'd take it out of the SSB
side!

As it stands, all spectrum except the new 5MHz channels are CW
capable. Is it really necessary to keep that much of it CW exclusive?

How much spectrum is exclusively CW now? Not that terribly much.
I just don't want any of it given over to phone operation, which would
automatically cause it to become an extension of the existing phone
wasteland.

Personally, I think the amateur bands should be aligned worlwide, with
respect to not only frequency, but also mode.

Good luck.

If the DX doesn't want
to come out and play with Americans or anyone else, I'm sure some
other jet-setting hams, dept of state, or UN experts will be happy to
fill in the voids for a couple of IRCs or greenstamps.

Why would the DX *not* want to "come out and play with Americans?"
If they didn't they'd only be hurting themselves.

ditto personal opinion deniability

I never deny responsibility for my personal opinions. When I "speak" here,
I'm always giving my personal opinions, and not those of my employer,
or the members of any organization to which I may belong. That is
understood, unless I specifically state that I am speaking as a member of
the ARRL or whatever. This goes for you and everyone else in this NG.
Such disclaimers are unnecessary and are usually given as a self-serving
ego stroke.

73 de Larry, K3LT