Old July 20th 03, 01:31 AM
Mike Coslo

Scott Unit 69 wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote:

Reading a report on how long it will likely take for the U.S. to ratify
and drop Morse requirements, we are given an estimate of two years.

This leads me to wonder, is it better to wait for those two years to go
by before getting ones HF ticket, or is it better to just learn Morse
and get the ticket much sooner?

Is a person willing to wait those two years more imterested in the ARS,
or is the person who, even if they are not personally interested in
Morse Code, yet studies for and passes the test and gets on the air now
more interested?

I personally think this is no contest. The person who is willing to get
their license sooner shows a greater interest than a person who says "As
long as there is requirement X, I am more interested in NOT being in the
ARS than I am in being IN the ARS."

- Mike KB3EIA -

Are you trolling or asking a question?

Personally, I hope the action takes a lot less time. I hold a CSCE for General,
and missed Extra by two questions. (Without ever cracking a book.)

I don't care for code, nor feel that I should be forced to learned an outdated
mode of communication. If BPL comes to fruition, HF privs will be a mute point,
however, CW may be the only mode that works.

As it is, I am responsible for 4 amateur tickets, mine, two other newbies,
and one renew. There is another newbie taking their test soon.

Mike, some are leaders, and some are sheople. Baaaaaaa.

Bitch at me all you want, I'm wearing Nomex underwear.

And You are a sheople. Enjoy!

- Mike KB3EIA -