Old October 29th 20, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] giovanni...@gmail.com is offline

Default TV antenna on 698 MHz

Hello. I have designed an antenna with the 4nec2 program.
It is a 698 MHz Bow Tie antenna. The simulations confirm excellent results:

- Impedance 75 Ohm
- SWR 1:05
- Gain 10 dBi.

Really building the antenna, it doesn't work, even though I have retuned the TV. The signal is 0.

On the other hand, by building a dipole tuned to 698 MHz (half wave) the TV works perfectly.

Can you please tell me why?
Below is the antenna source listing, for the 4nec2 program.

Thank you all.
Giovanni Di Maria

==========================
CM
CE
SY X=0.1964
SY ALTEZZA=1
SY Y=0.2307
SY P1=0.01
SY RAGGIO=1.e-3
GW 1 3 -P1 0 ALTEZZA P1 0 ALTEZZA RAGGIO/2
GW 2 11 P1 0 ALTEZZA X 0 ALTEZZA+Y RAGGIO
GW 3 11 P1 0 ALTEZZA X 0 ALTEZZA-Y RAGGIO
GW 4 11 -P1 0 ALTEZZA -X 0 ALTEZZA-Y RAGGIO
GW 5 11 -P1 0 ALTEZZA -X 0 ALTEZZA+Y RAGGIO
GE -1
GN 1
EK
EX 0 1 2 0 0 0 0