Old November 3rd 20, 09:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default [KB6NU] What good is the ARRL?

In rec.radio.amateur.moderated KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin wrote:

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

What good is the ARRL?

Travis, KB1ZPP, sent the following to me and about 40 others yesterday. Im
posting it here with his permission:

I’ve been quietly sitting in the shadows for the past few years watching
the ARRL and trying to decide what, if any good, they do with the
membership dues they collect each year. With the recent loss of the 3.5 GHz
band I feel like its time for me to now say my piece and ask what, exactly,
does the $6.77 million in dues and $1.7 million in donations from 2019 do
to benefit the hobby? And what the hell kind of assets does the ARRL
possess that total nearly $37 million? Did the ARRL open a banking division
I dont know about?

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/About...R%20092520.pdf

Starting at page 22 is the 2019 financial report in excruciating detail
where you can find out what the ARRL did with every dollar of the 2019
$36,683,723 budget.

snip remainder

--
Jim Pennino