Old July 20th 03, 02:24 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
"N2EY" wrote:

(snip) I disagree. It's not a mistake to keep
certain values. Like old-fashioned manners,
courtesy and respect on the air. But there's
no good test for that!

I absolutely agree, Jim. Things are not necessarily bad simply because
they're old-fashioned. There are many old-fashioned ideals that could
clearly help this country be much better place to live if continued today.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Actually, the good test for good manners and courtesy and respect on the
air, is the acid test. Every person I have witnessed being in the class the
majority calls an "idiot" operator, has soon disappeared from the FM side of
ham radio. They get tired of "being encouraged" to talk right, operate
right, etc., or they get tired of being ignored. Guess where some have
disappeared to?

You got it: HF. They can have a lot more anonymity there, and they have
less chance of running into the same people over and over again.

Kim W5TIT

---
Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net
Complaints to