Old July 20th 03, 11:02 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Kim W5TIT" wrote in message
"William H. O'Hara, III" wrote in message
.61...
Kim,

I don't think that you mentioned the
only practical use for CW, today. In
an emergency operation one can use CW
almost as a cipher. If Newsreporters, whom
possess "investigative skills", were to
attempt their intercepts by a scanner,
then they would simply have no
comprehension.

With all due respect, William (or is it Bill), seems that deliberately
coding/encrypting on the amateur bands is contrary to the R&R, if ya know
what I mean. And, it also seems to me that any reporter with really good
investigative skills would be well aware of your scenario, above.

Now Ive heard everything. CW is now a method of encryption. Oh good grief.

That is a first. I never thought Id live so long as to see so much idiocy
about the Morse Code. Unbelievable

Dan/W4NTI