Old November 23rd 20, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
VK2TPM via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin VK2TPM via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [VK2TPM] MacBook Air M1 - not all plain sailing so far

marxy's musing on technology

MacBook Air M1 - not all plain sailing so far

http://blog.marxy.org/2020/11/macboo...ailing-so.html

As a developer, I wanted to make sure that my software runs well on the new
Apple Silicon so I ordered a MacBook Air with the M1 chip as soon as they
were announced.Overall, I'm extremely happy with the battery life and
performance of Apple's CPUs, but as an early adopter of both the new Big
Sur operating system and the new hardware, I have run in to a few issues
which I want to share.Migration