Old July 21st 03, 08:03 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

"K0HB" wrote in message news:ed9e3d3ed0c3403349a2a6882a98d900.128005@myga te.mailgate.org...
"Joe Collins" wrote in message

....what will happen to the exclusive CW allocations....

Except in the USA, most amateurs do not labor under "sub-bands" based on
mode. As an example Canadian amateur have no such restrictions. It's a
source of continuing wonder to me that the FCC continues to arbitrarily
slice and dice the bands based on mode, license class, power levels, and
similar artificial constructs of their imagination.

I imagine that the "class" restrictions will fade soon.

As for mode restrictions, see my comment on Dee's post...Perhaps
if we consider these as "wideband" and "narrowband" allocations it
would be more palatable to all (or at least more)?

73, de Hans, K0HB

PS: There are no "exclusive CW allocations" below 50MHz.

73

Steve, K4YZ