Old July 21st 03, 08:55 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote:

I am willing to bet that some sort of "moratorium"
on code testing is announced within the next 60 days.
Just an opinion...nothing certain (snip)

I also think it will happen much quicker then most expect. I wouldn't lock
myself into a fixed time period at this point, but I do suspect some action
in this direction fairly soon.

Actually, I suspect the FCC has been gearing up for a long time for a
relatively quick move in this direction when it became possible. Some of
their comments and actions over the last few years has only fueled that
suspicion (nothing specific in what they've said or done - just a feeling).

I guess we'll see soon enough if we're right.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/