Old January 20th 04, 02:31 AM
Thierry

"JGBOYLES" wrote in message
The install was : RTX +50 cm RG58 + AMP + 1m Aircom (like RG213) + SWR

+15m
Aircom + G5RV. the built-in SWR of my RTX TS-570D read SWR 1:1. If my

external
SWR
displayed an SWR 4 that means that it read the info AFTER it, what

looks
in contradiction with what ARRL

Thierry, If your external SWR meter is after the amplifier, in a 50 ohm
system, and it read 4 it could possibly destroy your amplifier output

devices.
The fact that the built-in SWR meter in the Kenwood read 1:1 only means

the
input match to the Amplifier was good. If the 570 has a built-in tuner,

it
will try to get a 1:1 match, no matter what is downstream. It doesn't mean

the
output the Amp sees is good.
As for the ARRL, I haven't had the time to look, but I hope they are not
stating that a 50 ohm output Amp operating into 4 mismatch is a good

thing.

No no, they only tell that a SWR-meter place this way read the SWR "between
itself and the RTX"...
I am not agree with this sentence... as my SWR 4:1 was well read AFTER it,
thus between itself as they state and the antenna rather !

Thierry

73 Gary N4AST