Old January 20th 04, 02:33 AM
Thierry

"Dave Shrader" wrote in message
news:ri_Ob.101568$8H.152471@attbi_s03...
The TS 570D is driving the amplifier which shows an excellent load for
the TS 570D!!

The amplifier is driving a different load with a 4:1 VSWR. This is a 36%
reflection of the power. If your Amplifier is vacuum tube with tuning
controls it is not a serious condition. You can vary the loading
controls for reasonable output without damage.

Hi,

Correct. This is well what I did, rotating the amplifier load knob (a
kenwood TL922) to reduce the SWR as I could not reduce it another way
(antenna side) due to my defect balun.

73
Thierry

If your amplifier is
solid state then you have to do something to correct the VSWR because it
presents a load to the amplifier that is outside the designed load range.

Deacon Dave, W1MCE