Old July 22nd 03, 04:33 AM
Dave Heil

Vshah101 wrote:

From: Dave Heil k8mn

I don't want to talk to some older males. Thats not anti-social.

If we go by your rules, it certainly is.

Its still consistent. Those Hams are on the radio, not in person. For example,
those Hams at the "DXpedition" contacted other (anti-social) Hams on Sat night,
but did not meet anyone in person.

Fine, Vipul. Then those hams present with you must not have talked to
each other or to you. If they did otherwise, there was social
interaction. I've worked several hams in India any number of times over
the past couple of decades. I've never met them in person nor have I
telephoned them to chat and ask of their families. By your definition,
I'm anti-social.

That has nothing to do with the technical part of the hobby. The technical part
occurred during the antenna and equipment setup. There was plenty of operating
during the day, so operating on Sat night more represented the social aspect
more than any technical aspect. Therefore, this is how those Hams spent their
Sat night. Seems anti-social to me.

Who are you to tell people enjoying their hobby as a group what they
should be doing with their Saturdays?

You didn't go on a DXpedition.

They called it a DXpedition.

They were wrong. You've been corrected several times before but you
continue to put forth the error as fact. You are wrong.

Many Hams will work DX. They get a thrill from that. But, they won't talk

the person next door or to anyone in person.

Your record is stuck, Vipul. Your claim is simply another tired
stereotype offered without proof of any kind.

I gave an example above where the Hams contacted people through the radio, but
did not meet anyone in person. (Probably avoided it). This was not my local
club. It was a random group of Hams.

I hope we don't have a QSO, Vipul. I couldn't take the suspense of
waiting for you to show up at my door. Are you familiar with the term
"flakey"?

Dave K8MN