Old July 22nd 03, 04:48 AM
Radio Amateur KC2HMZ

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:33:11 -0500, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote:

Came within two questions of passing the Extra without cracking a book.

Further proof of the dumbing down of the ARS.

Huh??

I passed the General class written without cracking a book...it was
the code that took me a long time to learn. The theory I learned
through some 35 years as a radio hobbyist (with some helpful
experience repairing televisions part time shortly after high school)
before finally getting a ham ticket.

In Scott's case, what he's learned prior to taking the tests almost
took him through the Extra class written.

What's the difference whether you got the knowledge from a book or
from practical experience, as long as you have that knowledge? And how
does getting it from practical experience instead of from the book
prove anything at all related to the supposed dumbing down of the ARS?

Try cracking a book on logic, OM...pay special attention to the part
where they talk about non-sequitur. ;-)

73 DE John, KC2HMZ