Old July 22nd 03, 08:04 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...

I've never heard the term "OPSEC" in the 1950s while on active duty or
any time as a civilian from the 1960s on through the end of the 1980s
while visiting different military branch installations.

Hmmmmm...I was on Active Duty commencing in 1974 and it was a
part of our "alphabet soup" even then.

COMSEC or COMmunications SECurity is the current buzzword (of the
last decade or so) and refers to any means of encryption in military
communications.

...and the security of the gear iteslf.

Oddly, "ICOM" or "Integrated COMSEC" is applied to later models of the
SINCGARS R/T that includes hardware for voice/data encryption and
decryption. That does not refer to the Japanese designer-manufacturer
of communications equipment Icom.

Well ain't that special...?!?!

Perhaps some have seen too many Chuck Norris movies?

Have you...???

Steve, K4YZ