Old July 22nd 03, 03:37 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

"Vshah101" wrote in message
From: "Dee D. Flint"

You want other hams to use Morse so you don't have to talk to them.

That's
extremely anti-social on your part and totally opposite of your

previously
stated desires that you would like to get hams to be more social.

I don't want to talk to some older males. Thats not anti-social.

Same with me too.... but there are some that I would like to talk to as
well, but I would definitely love to see more women on the air!

And they are there Fri, Sat night on several bands, including 40m, 2m, and

ATV.
I know from the DXpedition in May.

Many Hams will work DX. They get a thrill from that. But, they won't talk

the person next door or to anyone in person. Thats why a local Ham's

neighbor
complained that the Ham has too many antennas at his house.

That is something I have observed as well..... kinda like the addage, "I am
a ham operator, I have friends all over the world, but none in my backyard!"
I believe (IMHO) that we should work outward from where we are getting to
know our nieghbors first, and working out like the ripples in a pond after a
rock is thrown into it. My personal preference is to get to know a person
for who they are, what they are passionate and interested about,
likes/dislikes etc., for the times when I am not operating in a public
service/emergency communications setting.

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)