Old July 23rd 03, 10:51 PM
Rick

It's very simple - BPL is NOT for rural areas. If you were trying to
make a buck with this new technology would you deploy it out in the
rural areas, or right on every street in America? Right on every
street there are dozens of the real customers, with bucks ready to
spend - the AOL dial-up users !!! Every single one of the 25 million
AOL customers is ripe for BPL.
So if the FCC is serious the solution is simple - make rules so it can
only be deployed out in the rural areas, and you will see BPL
disappear faster than your money at a craps table.
I wish I had thought of this before I made my comments to the FCC.

Rick K2XT