Old July 24th 03, 03:51 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Okay, thanks Larry, just wanted to clarify that.

One last other question, define "whining." Is that anything that you just
don't want to hear, or ?? Again, I am asking this actually seriously, not
fecetiously (sp.?) At least I am attempting to see your side of
it............

One could view anything that they don't wanna hear as whining, and if thats
the case I hear thousands of "whining words" on a daily basis.

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message
In article , "Ryan, KC8PMX"
writes:

I suppose Larry will never consider me a fully-fledged ham, even with

20
wpm, 'cause I operate 100% phone, LOL.

Alun, my opinion of you as a ham is not dependant on your usage of CW.
All I ask is that you don't whine about it, and that as a ham, you make

an
effort to do something more challenging than just yakking into a
microphone. That would imply the use of at least one digital mode. CW
operation would be the icing on the cake, and go a long way to impress
me.

(seriously asking this question)
So if a person is getting into technical research, project building of

any
kind (generically speaking), or any other strong contribution to amateur
radio, but DOES like to "yakking into a microphone" whilst on the air is

bad thing?

Just curious,

Ryan:

That would depend on whether or not he/she was whining about the
code test requirements, or gloating over the fact that they had been
dropped. If he/she were, in actual fact, doing the technical R&D you're
talking about, then I would have a very high opinion of their contribution
to amateur radio -- notwithstanding the yakking.

73 de Larry, K3LT