Old January 15th 21, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Claude Savoie Claude Savoie is offline

Default Dead Yaesu ft-890 Help!

Le mercredi 5 août 2020 Ã* 16:13:43 UTC-4, a écritÂ*:
On Sunday, November 5, 2006 at 11:14:58 AM UTC-6, Steve wrote:
Went to fire up the Yaesu Ft-890 and it won't power up. I have power to the
radio but pushing the power button does nothing.
Used it a few days ago and everything was fine. There was no storm here so
it didn't get zapped.
Is there some kind of fuse inside this radio?
I have limited electronic knowledge, so is there something I can check that
may be a common failure to this rig that I might be able to do?
Bought it on ebay last year and its been flawless, but to me its not worth a
few hundred to ship it out to be fixed.

If the MOX switch is pushed in it will interlock the power relay and the radio will not power up. Just tracked that down and saw this and thought I would add that little observation.

Thanks Jeter, the MOX switch fixed my power up problem.