Old July 25th 03, 12:00 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Radio Amateur KC2HMZ" wrote in message

I'm no expert on contesting, but I hear very little contest activity
on the WARC bands - at least on 12m and 17m anyway. Haven't spent much
time listening to 30m except to listen for signals for the purpose of
gauging band conditions.

There is absolutely no contesting on the WARC bands. All contest organizers
and sponsors have chosen to honor the approach that these are to be kept
free of contesting. This is for at least two reasons. 1) Have an area
where non-contesters can operate without getting run over by those in a
contest. 2) The WARC bands are just too narrow to allow contesting.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE