Old July 25th 03, 02:52 AM
Jim

wrote in message ...
.

Let the FCC know that they can no longer keep you from your right to use

the
ten meter band allocation if you are a technician licensee. The

international
requirement for morse code has been removed and there is no such thing as

technician plus license.
You don't have to use your identity, but no code technicians need to

finally
speak out to the FCC they will no longer be oppressed by rules designed

for the
stone age of electronic technology.

How does breaking the rules of your license class prove that you are not
"bad operators". Seems to prove just the opposite.
The code may be an antiquated method of communication, but, it does prove
your desire to learn and work for what you want.
Remember, "Anything worth having is worth working for".
I may only be a 5 WPM extra because I got my license after the rule change
but I studied the code, struggled with the code
and finally passed after 3 tries. I value my license more because I had to
WORK for it than if all I had to do was fill out a form
and wait.
Nothing you ever learn is wasted.