Old July 26th 03, 03:39 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article ,
(Brian Kelly) writes:

In the following half century stuffed with massive technological
upheavals and advances the stuff is *still* the best tool on my shelf,
NOTHING has changed. Again, the tests completely aside. I don't "love"
Morse, that's a ridiculous concept. I don't go ga-ga over any of the
rest of my tools either. Screwdrivers is screwdrivers and Morse is
just another one.

Brian:

I'm in just about the same place as you are. I don't "love" CW whatsoever.
I really "like"it, but I'm not one of the nostalgic FISTS geezers that write
poems about it and can head-copy a 60+ WPM data stream of CW while
drinking a cup of coffee, talking with someone in the shack, petting the
dog, and keeping their pipe lit! My CW operation is purely call/name/QTH/
Nice to meet you/QSL via burro/TNX ex 73 de K3LT QRZ? I may toss
in a few additional comments, but for me, ANY QSO in ANY mode that
lasts more than 10 minutes just isn't my style. I do have a tendency to
go on a bit longer in PSK-31 when I have a good connection, but I type
like a legal secretary, and that isn't any work for me.

73 de Larry, K3LT