Old July 26th 03, 03:43 PM
Dan Yemiola

Wrong!

We need a more modern test.
Typing is too easy.
My thirteen year passed a school mandated typing test last school year.

A real ham should be able to copy 5 minutes of 4 channel rtty by ear using a
keyboard as the transcription.
device. Or how about five minutes of BPSK by ear. : )

Let the flames begin!!!!!!!

Dan
AI8O

David Robbins wrote in message
I think the fcc should replace the cw test with a typing accuracy and

speed
test. Just think about how much nicer the digital segments would be if
everyone had to be able to type fast enough to keep their buffers full!

No
more diddles and wasted bandwidth while someone hunted around for the
letters trying to answer a simple question that wasn't on their brag tape.
This will of course become much more important as the manual digital

method
is phased out and the hf bands become more heavily used.