Old July 27th 03, 04:56 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message
In article , "David Lafferty"
writes:

Yeah, and note that it was a phone transmission that did the job.

That's
not a slam at CW, it's a slam at the CW zealots.

Kim W5TIT

And what EXACTLY does that have to do with the story? The focus of the
story was ham radio used in a rescue. It's good PR for ham radio, no

matter
if the transmission was phone, cw, psk-31, sstv, rtty, etc, etc, etc.

David K5DEL

David:

Save your fingertips on this one. Kim can always be counted on to make
inane, specious arguments against CW and "CW zealots" anytime a story
like this comes out.

When have I ever made an argument against CW, Larry? Put up or shut up, in
your words.

If the story had been about how the hikers setup a
backpack portable HF/QRP station and called for help using CW, she would
insist that it didn't prove a damn thing.

You are so foamed at the mouth with your insensibility that you can't see
the forest for the trees, Larry. I have no argument whatsoever against the
use of CW. I do NOT believe, as you, that CW is the cure all that you think
it is. There are notable CW enthusiasts that share this also, Larry. What
would you say of them? *IF* this story had been about how the hikers had
set up a backpack portable HF/QRP station and called for help using CW, AND
*if* they'd gotten it, I would have said two things: 1) that they were lucky
to have someone on "the other end" that understood CW, and 2) that they
could have traveled a lot lighter if they'd just carried an HT. To tell you
the truth, I'm impressed that ANY radio worked to contact someone and, just
as you say, I'm sure it is because of the density of repeaters in their
area. You're right. Kansas would have been a whole different situation.

She can't be bothered to learn a
useful communications skill like the Morse code, and she needs to grasp at
any straw she can in order to prove her point.

73 de Larry, K3LT

I did learn a useful communications skill, Larry. I learned it well enough
to pass the requirements set forth by the United States Government. Now, if
you have a problem with your government, you need to let them know. And,
you cannot dictate your standards to other people. You do live in the
United States.

My point about CW is what, Larry? Why don't you answer that question.
Hell, Dick hasn't even answered my question about what it would take for him
to have a disaster setup for CW, what all would he need. Hell, for that
matter, you won't even answer my questions, Larry. You guys spew your hate
and contempt for other people out of the mouths that God gave you. And
that's all it ends up being with you: hate. You are disgusting.

Answer the damn question, Larry. What do *YOU* think my point about CW is?

Kim W5TIT

---
Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net
Complaints to