Old January 20th 04, 10:37 PM
Thierry

"Dave Shrader" wrote in message
news:H5cPb.89261$Rc4.431228@attbi_s54...
Thierry wrote:

SNIP
Hi,

Correct. This is well what I did, rotating the amplifier load knob (a
kenwood TL922) to reduce the SWR as I could not reduce it another way
(antenna side) due to my defect balun.

73
Thierry

No! You did not reduce the VSWR!! You increased the loading of the
amplifier!

OK, ok ok, I interpreted my result and left some words in my kbd....
In fact what I wanted to say is that in adjusting the load I see as a side
effect or for consequence to change the value read on the SWR-meter (more of
less input power, hence more or less reflected power due to a high SWR at
the end of the line, but of course most of the time the value of the SWR,
whatever the input power I used stay constant. (this is shorter to say that
my TL modified the SWR...;-))

Thierry

If you remember, VSWR is a measure of the impedance mismatch of the
antenna and the impedance of the transmission line MEASURED AT THE
ANTENNA. There is NOTHING you can do at the RTX/Amplifier to change it!

The PLATE and LOAD controls on your TL922 allow you vary the values of
'C' in the output stage of the amplifier and therefore vary the range of
tuning from typically 8 to 400 ohms.

DD, W1MCE