Old July 28th 03, 06:11 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Len Over 21" wrote:

What's all this "treaty ratification" thing?!?

I thought that the US Congress ALREADY ratified
membership with the United Nations and the UN
organizations long ago. The ITU is a UN
organization.

All international treaties have to ratified by Congress, Len. While we are
a member of the United Nations and the ITU, we are not automatically subject
to all treaties offered by either of these organizations. Indeed, we are not
even subject to significant changes to treaties we have already ratified -
unless a mechanism for changes was included in the ratified treaty, any
changes to that treaty have to be ratified.

Code testing is the "only" treaty the US "recognizes?"

The currently ratified treaty is the only treaty this country recognizes.
That treaty has a code testing requirement.

Our states decide whether or not to test for amateur
morse code?!?

I'm not referring to the individual states within the United States. A
"state" in this context is "a country or nation with its own sovereign
independent government."

Please explain this new "ratification" process.

Read the Constitution of the United State of America.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/