Old July 28th 03, 10:03 PM
Jim Hampton

Here is an idiot who has never been near an emergency. When 911 hit, I lost
my internet in Rochester, NY, some 300 miles away due to the 'high
technology' also being very highly vulnerable. Several years back, an ice
storm hit the North East. There were no telephones, no power, and even
emergency towers were downed. One amateur repeater tower/antenna was
pressed into service for the police. They were crying for HF mobile
amateurs to lend a hand. When there are no telephones nor power for
hundreds of miles, neither your CB (and I'm sure this is where the looser is
from), nor your cell phone, nor the internet is going to be of any use at
all. I'm not going back 30 years, I'm talking recently (and perhaps
tomorrow).

Later -
Jim from Rochester, NY

---