Old May 4th 21, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ralph Mowery[_2_] Ralph Mowery[_2_] is offline

Default [KB6NU] From Nuts and Volts: How old is old enough?, repairing circuit boards

In article , rec-radio-amateur-
says...

How old is old enough?

This is a question we almost all have faced. How young is too young to get
a kid interested in electronics. Of course, it depends on the kid, but the
author says that even 8 or 9 years old is old enough:

If you?re looking to introduce electronics to an eight or nine year old,
I?m a big fan of the Snap Circuits series which is sort of like LEGOs with
embedded components. The entry-level model is around $30 from Amazon. With
color-coded LEGO-like components, you and your youngster can build over a
hundred different circuits ? from a water alarm to a timer.

I started playing around with stuff when I was about 10 or 11, with some
guidance from my dad, who built a couple of hi-fi kits, and a raft of
Popular Electronics and Electronics Illustrated magazines.

I was buying Popular Electronics when I was 10 years old. Before that I
was building the radios that used a razor blade and safety pin with a
piece of 'lead' out of a pencil. I don't know how old I was,but young
when I got one of the kits similar to the Snap Circuits kits where you
could build about a dozen transistor circuits.