Old July 29th 03, 10:02 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Dwight Stewart
writes:

"Len Over 21" wrote:

(snip) Nowhere in the Constitution of the United
States is there any mention of radio, morse code,
the United Nations, nor the Federal Communications
Commission. [that includes Amendments which were
ratified by the states much later than the original
Constitution acceptance-ratification. (snip)

Len, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you as you try to twist what
I've said. The Constitution gives Congress the power to ratify international
treaties. That ratification process you want explained has be established
for over two hundred years and can easily be researched yourself if you
really want to know something about it.

Well, long ago I found out that the United States of America was
signatory to the creation of the United Nations, thus making us and
all the other signatories a part of that "treaty."

I haven't bothered to look up the EXACT details of the "treaty" in
which the USA "signed" onto the ITU and away from the CCITT.
That happened several years ago.

The point should be obvious that the USA is ALREADY involved
with an existing treaty to be a part of the UN and also to be a part
of the ITU.

The United States is not, and has
never been, automatically subject to any treaty change by either the UN or
ITU. Any change in a treaty requires action by our government before it
becomes the law of this land.

Was some kind of Congressional "action" required to send US
administration delegates to the World Radio Conference in June?

Was there some kind of Congressional "action" required by the
FCC International Bureau to do a number of changes and adjustments
in international tariffs with the ITU-T? Or regarding communications
satellite use uplink/downlink frequencies internationally?

WHERE is there evidence of "ratification" actions taken by Congress
or the states of the US on any of the above?

I don't think that all the "ratification" exists except in the minds of a
few amateurs who want to elevate amateur radio OVER & ABOVE
all other radio services in importance.

The US Congress DELEGATED AUTHORITY for civil radio regulation
to the FCC and government communications regulation to the NTIA.

When it comes to code testing, our government
will have to take steps before any change takes place in this country. Until
you offer something which disputes any of this, nothing further needs to be
said.

So, you are unable to explain the "ratification" process of our government
insofar as morse code testing for radio amateur licensing.

Maybe someone else (admitted to a legal bar, not a neighborhood one)
can explain the "ratification" details?

LHA