Old July 30th 03, 07:52 PM
Mike Coslo

Alun Palmer wrote:

You don't get it, do you? Nobody has ever implied it says OR, and it
certainly never mentions Element 1.

What it does say is:

"who has recieved credit for proficiency in telegraphy
_in_accordance_with_international_requirements_"

You are taking what is an aside, and basing your whole argument on it.
Won't work.

This argument doesn't work on enough levels that it is surprising that
anyone would use it.

1. My first remark about the very secondary nature of the "in accordance
with....."

2. The reworded Article 25.5 now says, "Administrations shall determine
whether or not a person seeking a license to operate an amateur station
shall demonstrate the ability to send and receive texts in Morse code
signals."

Do you agree that this is the reworded article 25.5?

The administration has determined that the persons seeking a license
must pass a 5 wpm Morse code test. Until it changes it's requirements,
it will continue.

3. There is nothing in the rules that we are out of compliance with.

4. Morse code testing is not abolished. Individual administrations now
make that call- to test, or not to test.

Using the argument that Morse code testing has been abolished is quite
simply *wrong*. It will be wrong until the FCC rules otherwise.

- Mike KB3EIA -