Old August 3rd 03, 04:02 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , Radio Amateur KC2HMZ
writes:

QR10-4, QGB! I'm QPM, so QBD me!

(Translation: "Ten-Fawhar, Good Buddie! I'll be putting the pedal to the
metal now, so watch my back door!)

73 de Larry, K3LT

You seem to toss that CB jargon around pretty well, Larry. Don't tell
me...no, it couldn't be...could it?

73 DE John, KC2HMZ

John:

Yep, it is true! I was once a CB'er, for a whole six months! I was the
Asst. Mgr. of the Radio Shack store in Depew, NY at the time, and I gave
myself a 30% discount on a Realistic TRC-23 CB transceiver -- the top-of-
the-line AM CB rig at the time in the era just before 40 channels. I
installed it in my 1972 Dodge Colt with a 102" whip antenna, and actually
got a lot of use out of it when travelling between the area R/S stores on
stock transfer missions and going to/from the repair shop in Buffalo.
When I quit the job at Radio Shack and joined the Air Force, that was
the end of my brilliant career as a CB'er!

73 de Larry, K3LT
Ex: KHM-7772 (Handle: "Sky King")