Old August 4th 03, 04:45 AM
Brian

(N2EY) wrote in message ...
In article , "Bill Sohl"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote in message
PETITION FOR RULE MAKING

The National Conference of Volunteer Examiner Coordinators (NCVEC) is
the umbrella organization comprised of the fourteen organizations
charged since 1984, under Section 97.519(a) of the rules of the Federal
Communications Commission, 47 CFR 97.519(a) to develop and administer
all Amateur Radio operator license testing and to electronically file
all successful license applications with the FCC. In total, the VECs
and their more than 30,000 VE teams have collectively administered
nearly two million examinations during the past twenty years and have
notified the FCC to issue approximately a million new and upgraded
Amateur Radio licenses.

The NCVEC is not, however, an organization where the VECs are elected, or
where
individual VE opinions were gathered or solicited.

So? Your point? Is that something that should call into question
the NCVEC as being invalid, illegal, or fattening?

The point is that the petition is NOT necessarily the opinion of the majority
of VEs or VECs. It was cooked up by a few of the top guys, who were not
elected.

Oh Geez. Not the same unelected, non-FCC guys that unilaterally
decided to jettison the 5wpm Morse Exam for the 13-15wpm Farnsworth
Exam, and deny HF access to otherwise qualified people who just can't
beep fast?

Come to think of it, I'm trying to remember the last time I voted for
the top few guys at the ARRL.

bb