Old August 4th 03, 12:42 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message
In article , "Carl R. Stevenson"
writes:

John:

Yep, it is true! I was once a CB'er, for a whole six months! I was

the
Asst. Mgr. of the Radio Shack store in Depew, NY at the time,

We should have known ... "Radio Shack, you've got questions, we're
clueless," I'm sure Larry fit in quite well.

Carl:

Actually, I did fit into Radio Shack very well. I had a great time

working
there,

Figures ...
[snipped some of the bragging about what a great employee Larry was]

Radio shack was a great place for a young person interested in electronics
to work in the early '70's. Today's R/S employees are nothing like us

"old
timers" used to be.

Baloney ... I've (tried to) buy parts from time to time at R/S ... the folks
20 or more years ago were just as clueless as today from my experience.

Today, I go into a R/S store and ask them about a
pay-as-you-go cell phone plan that they have mentioned on their own
store displays, and they don't know anything about it! Nothing technical,
just a matter of knowing the specifics of the plan! Sheez! My brother

Tom
told me one of the best stories about current R/S cluelessness: He
went in to his local store and asked for a particular Operational

Amplifier.
The salesfreak indignantly replied, "All of our amplifiers work, Sir!"

73 de Larry, K3LT

I knew that sooner or later this thread vis a vis Larry's history as
a CBer/radio shack employee would draw out the "But things
were different in the good old days and we were/are better than
the newbies today! ego trip ... :-)

Carl - wk3c