Old August 5th 03, 05:11 AM
Phil Kane

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:01:22 GMT, Bert Craig wrote:

Speak for yourself, Phil. I certainly CAN. I have witnessed the shift in
what the "citizens" (Remember that word?) want from *their* Citizen's Band.

I want a lot of things from "society" that there's no chance in hell
that I will get. Learning to operate by the rules is a large part of
radio operating maturity.

You want to get into a discussion about who is qualified to
determine what CB is all about - the inmates or the keepers?
Hope you have your asbestos-lined teflon raincoat handy.....

I personally have no want to bang my fist down on the table and proclaim
that "that's not what it was originally meant for." That's what it's become,
plain and simple.

CB was not meant to be hobby radio, despite "what it has
become". What it has become is something akin to a free-for-all
where each one does what s/he wants.....

Don't like it? Then get your fmr. comrades to kick it up a
notch or two wrt enforcement and stop it...

I've been in favor of that for decades.....we used to have something
called Special Enforcement Teams in the early 70s - "SWAT" teams for
CB enforcement. When they came to town the grass was mowed real
well. They were getting too close to certain Very High VIPs'
interests and they were disbanded, allegedly for budgetary reasons.
I would just as soon resurrect them.

I'd rather not get into the history of the ****ing contest between
two now-deceased Bureau Chiefs over enforcement philosophy.

or admit their boo-boo (CB on HF
and they can't respond to a natuarally occuring phenomenon, hihi.) and try
to take a little advantage of the situation. It reallly could've been a
win-win situation back in 2000, Phil, but false pride got in the way.

As I've always said - wanna' work skip and DX -- get a ham license.
Wanna' use local personal or business communication - that's what CB
is for.

It comes down to wheher one is going to follow the rules or not.
Plain and simple.

What you are describing is hamming, not proper (some call it "legal") CB
operating.

Yes, Phil, I think it's a GREAT idea to whet some CBer's
appetite with the words "If you like what you can do with 12 Watts on CB,
lemme show you what you with just a tad more effort and some studying on
20."

Try "If you want to do all those things, the only place to do it
is in ham radio." CB is *NOT* the minor leagues or a training ground
for ham radio.

It's that simple.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane