Old August 6th 03, 05:03 AM
Bert Craig

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message ...
"Robert Casey" wrote in message

This is actually not such a bad idea. I've always supported dropping the
155.3 mi. limit on CB and the idea of allowing hams to reduce their power
and elmer CBers on channels 36 through 40 USB on the finer point of

DXing. I
think it'd be a great recruitment tool, just MHO.

We could do that now, *IF* we use type accepted (or whatever they call
it nowadays) CB radios
instead of our ham transcievers, and not exceed the distance limit. But
I think the CBers
might see us as invaders on their turf, like we see them when invading
10m. It might be better
to be low key, maybe have the ARRL buy ads in CB magizines that say
something like "if
you get a general or extra ham license, you can DX on many different
bands using more
power (legally) even when the sunspots are out of season. 'You already
love radio, see
how much more fun you can have with a ham license'." Of course one
would have to
wordsmith it right to attract serious and disiplined operators and not
the kids and "lids".
Without making ham radio look condensending or putting CBers down. I'm
not that
good a writer, but I think that it could be done well.

If all you CBers with a ham license want to go back and play in the pig pen.
Then go ahead.

No thanks, Dan. I avoid the pig pen, but I still do occasionally chit
chat on CB ch. 38 LSB and 40 USB...and no swine present. As a matter
of fact, I worked a guy on ch. 38 LSB earlier this evening who ended
up asking me to QSY to 28.440 MHz. I happily complied. ;-)

Don't even think anyone that is a real ham cares what goes
on there.

Very much false.

Let alone wants to operate there.

See above.

If you don't like that. Tough...thats the fact jack.

Doesn't bother me one iota as it's very far from factual.

Dan/W4NTI

73 de Bert
WA2SI