Old August 7th 03, 03:59 AM
D. Stussy

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, K0HB wrote:
"D. Stussy" wrote
If you think it's nonsense, then tell me how these licensees, under 47 CFR
97.301(e) are supposed to show that they have met an international requirement
that no longer exists in order to have the privileges listed in that
subsection?

Oh, this is so easy it almost makes me feel guilty ruining your lame
rant.

The "international requirement" is that each country decides whether
their licensees need Morse testing to operate on HF.

By definition, if one has a choice, then it's NOT a requirement. If each
country is free to choose, then it's a NATIONAL CHOICE, not an international
requirement. Your response is non-sequitur.

My point: The international requirement was removed. However, FCC regulations
still require it. Since one CANNOT comply with a non-existent requirement,
then the privilege previously granted has likewise been removed.

If my position is wrong, as you seem to think, point out the fault in the
logic.

For right now, the FCC has decided that they do, and continues to
grant Novices and "Tech Plus" certain HF operating spectrum.

And the ruling number is?