Old August 7th 03, 09:59 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

"D. Stussy" wrote in message .org...

My point: The international requirement was removed. However, FCC regulations
still require it. Since one CANNOT comply with a non-existent requirement,
then the privilege previously granted has likewise been removed.

We are a nation of laws, and those laws must be enacted or
changed in a democratic process, this one included.

The international rule was changed from "you will" to "you may",
therefore the legal premise for the continuation of code testing until
the US law has been changed IS valid.

If my position is wrong, as you seem to think, point out the fault in the
logic.

For right now, the FCC has decided that they do, and continues to
grant Novices and "Tech Plus" certain HF operating spectrum.

And the ruling number is?

See Part 97. The same rules that were in effect on July 4th
still apply today.

Steve, K4YZ